Thursday, August 27, 2009

MEMORIES





Its remind me way back in 1986, my first job as an EDP Executive at the prestige resort in Kuantan, Pahang known as Ramada Beach Resort.

As I remember, Ramada
was the only resort with fully interfaces between computer and communication device in
the east coast Malaysia to accommodate their guest requirement. A busy re
sort with a mixed local and foreign guest, definitely a system from the reservation, check-in, on line billing, ch
eck out and accounting back office must be accurate on time





NEC ASTRA 3700 Mini Computer as a server and for communication PABX’s SIEMEN NIXDORF 8818, which is interfaces for call billing charges and room update for housekeeping. Total terminal's, 4 for front office, 1 reservation, 1 operator, 2 for account dept and 4 for other functions. All the restaurants and other outlets are also inter link to front office system.

You want to know how big is hard-disk drive for Nec Astra 3700? I mean at that time technology…for 128kb is 10kg weight…..you can compare with current technologies…..

It’s really hard for me to apply annual leave and the worse part during a weekend , the only communication available is fixed line phone and pager. Until my mother told me , why not you marry to your computer…and computer’s name also nice is it ..”ASTRA”. Half of my body is in the resort even my off day….yes, the only one way communication, my pager than I have to look for public phone and the driver came and pick me wherever I am… At the time I am the only who manage the system, than later the company employ another assistant for me. Therefore, with a latest technology in the market now… a new computer engineer can access to companies server at any time and any where....

Don't look for RAMADA Beach Resort any more in Kuantan, Because it is change to Coral Beach Resort and latest under the new owner De Rhe Beach Resort..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Advertisement

Status

sitemeter

Cbox

MOBILE2GO Copyright © 2009 Gadget Blog is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Online Business Journal